Helpful Links and Information
Listed below are professionals and organizations that, either we have worked with before and highly recommend, or have been referred to us with high praise. You will also find are a wealth of related resources for you and your association to access. If you have an organization you would highly recommend, please forward us their contact details.
All referals are made for your informational and educational purposes only. Summit HOA Services Inc makes no warranties as to their resulting performance in the course of doing business with you. Please secure additional comparative services when considering a contract with any vendor or supplier of services.
Education and Resources
- Community Associations Institute (CAI) - the principal national organization that provides education and resources to community homeowners, leaders, managers and other respective professionals. Recognized designations for career professionals.
- CAI - Rocky Mountain Chapter - Serving Denver metro, northern and central mountain regions of Colorado. The CAI-RMC offers regular educational seminars and networking opportunities for all interested parties.
- The Southern Colorado Chapter of CAI - Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Trinidad and other southern Colorado cities. Provides education, research and information to leaders of regional HOA's, as well as networking opportunities for all members.
- Colorado HOA Information Office and Resource Center - State registrar of homeowner associations; information on rights and duties of homeowners and associations.
- CAI Public Policies - CAI policies and positions on numerous federal and state standards, both adopted and pending, that affect common interest communities (as of April 2012).
- Best Practices Report #1 - Reserve Studies/Management
- Best Practices Report #2 - Governance, Resident Involvement & Conflict Resolution
- Best Practices Report #3 - Strategic Planning
- Best Practices Report #4 - Financial Operations
- Best Practices Report #5 - Community Harmony and Spirit
- Best Practices Report #6 - Energy Efficiency
- Best Practices Report #7 - Transition
- Best Practices Report #8 - Community Security
- Best Practices Report #9 - Green Communities
- Colorado Common Interest and Ownership Act (CCIOA) - created July 01, 1992, CCIOA governs the creation and operation of common interest communities in Colorado. Portions of the Act are appliable to pre-CCIOA communities. See related article.
- Colorado Non-Profit Corporation Act - governs the establishment and operation of a non profit corporation (most homeowner associations) in Colorado. The primary powers, rights and obligations of the corporation are defined in the Act.
- Colorado Senate Bill 05-100 - in effect as of 1/1/06, amends CCIOA considerably. Requires 7 written policies on responsible governance.
- Colorado Senate Bill 06-089 - as of 1/1/07, clarifies SB100 and adds another responsible governance policy requirement on disuptes to CCIOA.
- Colorado House Bill 08-1135 - effective 7/1/08, adds another responsible governance policy to CCIOA, a written policy on fines.
- Colorado House Bill 09-1359 - amends CCIOA to require a policy on reserve studies and reserve funding.
- Colorado House Bill 09-1248 - amends Colorado Non-Profit Corporation Act and includes permitting boards to take action outisde of a meeting.
- Colorado House Bill 11-1124 - requires HOA to include circumstances and procedures for dealing with conflicts of interest.
- Colorado House Bill 12-1237 - clarifies which records shall be maintained by association and produced upon request.
- Colorado House Bill 13-1277 - requires managers to be certified, licensed, and insured, effective 7/1/15.
Licensing of Managers
- DORA (the Department of Regulatory Agencies) home page for Manager Licensing information.
- Community Association Manager Licensing Rules
- Colorado House Bill 15-1343 - Manager Licensing Clean-up Bill
- Richmond, Sprouse & Murphy LLC - based in Frisco, Colorado, but serving predominantly the counties of Summit, Eagle, Park and Lake.
- West, Brown, Huntley & Hunter PC - serving HOA's in the central Rockies and based in Breckenridge, Colorado.
- RKV Law - From business disputes to criminal matters to corporate and real estate transactions to divorce proceedings to advising HOAs, the lawyers at RKV Law have the tools to solve your problem in the Vail and Roaring Fork Valleys. Dan Reynolds serves the HOA community on behalf of the firm.
- Orten, Cavanagh, Richmond & Holmes LLC - with offices in Denver and Colorado Springs, provides legal services and counsel to associations and communities throughout Colorado State.
- Moeller Graf PC - located in Englewood, Colorado, Moeller Graf provides HOA legal services state wide with an objective to "keep client communities out of court when possible."
- HindmanSanchez - HOA law specialists with offices in Arvada and Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Stuhr & Associates LLC - HOA accountancy based in Frisco, Colorado. Jolene Reddell is primary HOA contact. 970-668-5516
- American Family - primary contact is Leslie Wiese with office in Frisco, Colorado. 970-668-6600.
- Neil-Garing Insurance Agency Inc. - based in Glenwood Springs, Steve DeRaddo is primary HOA specialist. 800-255-6390.
- Van Gilder Insurance Corporation - Bryan Sulser, of the Denver office, is the primary contact. 303-831-5109