The Colorado high country's premier resource for solving all your HOA issues.
WHO WE SERVE
- HOA BOARDS
Our mission is to inform, educate and guide homeowner associations to govern more effectively, more responsibly, more congenially. Your community environment is your home ... we want to help you make it the most desirable neighborhood in which to call home.
Click SUBSCRIBE for important email updates and monthly articles.
Read our latest articles here:
Manager Licensing Update (May 15, 2015)
- As a Manager of a Community Association, you need to be familiar with all the requirements of the new Colorado Licensing Information. Of particular note are the Licensing Rules as adopted by the Division of Real Estate (under DORA). The E Rules establish the accounting practices and internal controls that CAMs must adhere to; the D Rules include specific insurance requirements; I would encourage all CAM's to become familiar with the content of these Rules.
- The deadline for all managers to be licensed is 7/1/15, however, a new "Manager Licensure Clean-Up Bill" yet to be signed by the Governor (although has passed both the House and Senate) will:
- let CEOs off the hook for licensing if they do not actively manage HOA's and clarifies who is required to be licensed
- permit managers to request a proivisional license should full licensing not be achieved by the deadline
- establish an Apprentice License for those new to the industry
- clarify the exam criteria and that those holding the credentials of CMCA, AMS, or PCAM, amongst some others as maybe recognized by the Director of the Division of Real Estate, need only take and pass the Colorado Law Portion of the licensure exam
- House Bill 13-1277 was signed into law on 5/28/13 and requires anyone managing a common interest community in Colorado to be certified and licensed by the State by 7/1/15.
- This House Bill 12-1237 clarifies which records shall be maintained by the association and disclosed to a unit owner, or a designated agent, upon appropriate request. The Bill became effective 1/1/13.
What else do we do ...
In addition to offering services throughout Colorado in Alternative Dispute Resolution (Mediation), Reserve Studies, Rental Property Management, as well as a variety of Consulting Services, we will strive to present the latest opinions, suggestions, and other reference material relevant to your HOA affairs.
Do you have a question or concern? In our Frequenty Asked Questions section, we just might have the answer you're looking for. Perhaps review our list of more HOA Articles for information that might cover your topic.
Your feedback is important. We want our readers to be aware of their rights and responsibilities as HOA homeowners, leaders or managers. Feel free to contact us at any time ... we look forward to your questions, comments and suggestions. We need your help too to make this site the Colorado High Country's Premier Resource For Solving All Your HOA Issues. We hope you become a frequent visitor to the resources and assistance we have to offer.
Disclosure and Use of Material - our webiste is intended as an informational and educational resource for community associations, predominantly throughout Colorado, and is not a substitute for competent professional counsel. The information and articles presented are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and may only be reproduced with the expressed permission of Summit HOA Services Inc., for non-commercial means (such as your community's website, communications and newsletters), and provided any reproduction is done so in its entirety, is not edited, and is annoted as to the source of material, that being Summit HOA Services Inc. All forms and samples provided are examples only and may require professional advice to adapt them for your community's needs. Although we endeavor to ensure the accuracy of the content, we cannot guarantee its completeness, that it is free of errors, is the most current, or the most suitable for your use. Nor can we guarantee that the material is free of any prior or potential claims of copyright infringement.